4.30.2006

A Photogenic Weekend

I've been out most of this weekend playing with my new camera. It's been one adventure after another.

Yesterday after a long day of hiking I took Eric to Wachusett Reservoir to get some pictures of the sunset. While I was pulling out the driveway I spoke the following words to Eric. "Ops, I forgot my GPS I suppose I should go and get it... Eh, never mind I know where we're going." Those were oh so wrong. Sure I knew where we were driving, but once we parked the car what I thought was going to be a short half mile hike to the lake turned into a 3 mile hike on what must be the most confusing trail system I've ever been on. The trails kept crisscrossing each other, but we eventually got to the lake just in time for the sunset. After sunset we tried to go back the way we came, but made numerous wrong turns and got ourselves completely lost. We kept hiking though and eventually got out of that accursed forest well after dark. It was all worth it though since I got some great sunset pictures as you can see.


I got up early this morning to go to a state park to do some geocaching and take a few photos. That went pretty much as I planned, but then on my way back I ran saw a score of kites in the air off in the distance and knew something must be up (no pun intended). I went to check it out and it was a Kite Days event. There were a few hundred people there and probably a hundred kites. It was pretty picture heaven, and I started clicking. While I was taking pictures a bunch more people asked me if I worked for the newspaper. My standard response is a pretty bland no. I'd like to come up with a catchy news or business name that I could use so I could say something besides my bland no. If any of you folks have any ideas for a name I could use please email me or leave a comment.
Peace out dudes and dudets!

2 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Blogger Susan Tidwell said...

Maybe you could be a freelance photographer, have some cards to hand out, sell some of your pictures... don't know about a name, maybe wandering photographer?

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Glacial Wanderer said...

I like that idea. "Freelance Photographer"... That's way better than the other suggestion that I had which involved a lot of 4 letter words which just isn't my style.

I'm going to see if I can come up with something better than wandering photographer for a name, but that isn't bad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home