8.31.2005

Donate Blood

I donated blood today. It was certainly a bigger adveture than I normal have when I donate blood. I was supposed to donate at 7:15 pm near my home. The first obstacle was a meeting at work that went way later than it should have, but I still had time to make it to the donation on time if I hurried home. The next problem I had was I got a piece of metal in my bike tire on the ride home. Luckily I carry a spare tube and pump, but this caused me to be about 15 minutes late to my donation, and when I did get there I was still all sweaty from my ride. My pulse was a little elevated, but other than that everything was good.

My message... Get out there and donate some blood! Not only does it help others, but in doing so you get to feel good about yourself. Oh, and don’t forget the free snacks. You can get more information or find a location near you to donate at the American Red Cross website, or you can call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home