8.21.2005

Whitehall Reservoir - Swimming

Parking Coordinates N 42 12.796 W 071 34.793
Swimming Coordinates N 42 13.211 W 071 34.784


Aesthetic Appeal 4
Water Quality 6
Swimming Quality 8
Jumping Quality NA
Rope Swing Quality 9
Beach Quality 4
Overall Fun Factor 7

During my last kayaking trip to Whitehall I noticed some people swimming and using a rope swing. It looked pretty nice so I decided to come back another time for some swimming. The closest parking I could find, which is along the road, was a little over half a mile from the swimming hole, but there is a nice trail all the way around the reservoir so you can use that to walk to the swimming hole.

The water was the perfect temperature, and the rope swing was exceptionally fun. The highest platform to swing from is probably 20 feet up and you can get some crazy good swings in from up there. The best thing is this place is much closer to my home than the other swimming holes I’ve written about so far. There's a good chance that it's also closer to you since there are more people around here than up north in New Hampshire. While I was there I got word of two more nice swimming holes in the area from some of the locals. I should be bring those to you in the coming weeks. Until then enjoy the picture of my flying from the rope swing. Weeee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home