10.28.2005

Vacation Hot Spots

I'm looking for great ideas on where to go take a vacation. I have some ideas on where to visit that I'm going to share, but I'm hoping to get some more ideas from you folks. Please post your ideas as a comment to this article. You can add a comment by clicking the comments link at the bottom of this post or if that's confusing just send me an email.

Alaska
I'm not sure where in Alaska I'd like to go yet, but Carolyn has some friends there so that's where I'll probably go. Alaska is one big place with lots of nature and few people. That just adds up to good things in my book.

Boundary Waters
I have heard this gem in Minnesota's Superior National Forest is one of the best water access parks in the US. After making a few short portages you can get beyond the more common destinations into some of the most spectacular untouched wilderness available in North America.

Glacier National Park
I spent the summer of 2004 at Glacier. It was one of the best summers of my life. I think Glacier is the most uncommercialized national park in the lower 48 states. If you take the a little time to walk away from the roads and off the most popular nature trail hikes you'll find a place that has seen very little human disturbance in the history of the world. It's a place of sights, sounds, and smells that amazed me for a full 3 months of my life. I know there are other beautiful places, but Glacier will always hold a special place in my heart.

Snowboarding in Whistler BC
There are a lot of great places to go snowboarding, but this one made my list because this is where I'll probably be going later this year. We haven't bought tickets yet though so if someone makes a compelling argument for another location I'd consider it. With over 8,100 skiable acres, one vertical mile, and around 30 feet of snow each year how can I go wrong?

1 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I recommend China. China is cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home