11.04.2005

The Lion King

I went to the Broadway’s award winning musical The Lion King at the Providence Performing Arts Center. It was probably the best show I've ever seen.

The show followed the Disney movie's plot fairly closely but a few jokes were added in for the more mature crowd. As I expected the acting was superb. It really amazes me when I see little kids playing parts nearly perfectly. The energy level of all the actors was amazing.

My favorite part of the show was definitely the costumes. They had costumes for all the animals from the movie in amazing detail (the four person elephant may have been my favorite costume). Even though the costumes for all the animals were unique they all had small details that made them similar and tied the entire stage together.

All in all it was a very impressive show and I'd recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity to see the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home