11.14.2005

Verdi’s Requiem Mass

A group of six of us (mostly guys from work) got to together to go and see Verdi’s Requiem Mass by the Cantata Singers at the New England Conservatory’s Jordan Hall. This was a very pinky event(think about the British drinking tea). The reason we got together for this was because Brian, a colleague from work who double majored in Computer Science and Music was performing in the choir.

I’ve never been to anything like this. Even so it was enjoyable. It wasn’t exactly my cup of tea, but I liked it enough that I will probably go again. In my opinion it was spectacularly performed; and nearly anything that is put together this well, even when it’s not my cup of tea, is enjoyable. I guess I’m a little more forgiving than the Boston Globe which Brian said gave them a good review for their performance, but not spectacular. I guess I’m just not cultured enough...

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Maurice, it's Brain, your college at work! Thanks for coming :).

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Glacial Wanderer said...

Umm, that college gag was all part of my devilish plan to get someone to post a comment in my blog. Ya, that's it... Success!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home