3.19.2006

Geocache 100!

I made some obvious edits to some of the pictures at the request of the cache owner.

As all my regular readers know I do a decent amount of geocaching. It’s a great sport that lets you get outside and explore new places. Since I just found my 100th cache I thought I’d give a more in depth review of this one.

I choose the Heron Hideaway multicache to be my 100th cache. It was about 10 miles from my house in a forest I didn’t even know existed before today. I think the best way to document this is with a photo story. So here we go.

Let’s call this the starting gate.


Here we have a grassy field.


This is starting to look like a desert.


Yup, I’ve somehow found a desert in Massachusetts.


Is that a forest ahead?


This is more like the Massachusetts I know.


That little stream couldn’t possible stop my quest for my 100th cache. A large jump and one we foot latter I continued onward.


Looks like a mountain range up ahead!


Now where could the first part of this multicache be?


There it is! I put these new coordinates in my GPS and continued onward.


Instead of walking across rock scree like I did to get here I used this convenient path someone put out here.


Back to the forest.


Who put a lake out here?


I must have taken a wrong turn since I’m pretty sure I should need to cross any logs to get to the final cache.


Oh well it didn’t look to hard so I crossed.


This one was a lot harder, but I made it.


Is that an (text removed) up ahead?


It looks that way to me.


Victory is mine! Number 100!!!


I avoided all the river crossings on the way out by following this convenient path that someone put here. Doh!


Back to the sandy fields.


This pheasant was not having a very good day.


Back to my car so I can go home and plan for some more geocaches another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home