8.27.2006

Geocache 200

I grabbed a few geocaches this weekend and it put me over the 200 mark!

Other than that I've been working on some ideas I have related to photography. I have one cool hardware and one cool software project in mind. I'm still not sure if I'm going to go through with them, but if I do I'll share what they are with you folks after I've got a prototype working. While I was working on these projects I ran into this really cool piece of software that stitches digital photos together into a single panoramic photograph. It's called autostitch and you can get a free version from this website. It does the stitching as a fully automated process and does a very good job. I'm amazed by the results. All I do is give it a group of photos and it puts them together and spits out a final image. It does a better job that I could do by hand stitching, and it does it in seconds instead of hours of manual labor. I've included a sample below that was originally 12 images. Normally I'd crop off the edges, but I wanted to show you want it looked like without the cropping. It's a scaled down version of what autostitch spits out (the original for this was over 20 megabytes).

1 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger downychick said...

Congrats on #200! It has been way too hot here in GA to get out geocaching, but looking forward to making up for it when it cools off soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home