2.11.2007

Outdoor Skating

While I was skating last week at my normal indoor rink, a friend mentioned that the natural outdoor ice was good for skating. I guess this only happens once every few years in Massachusetts. More often than not, the lakes freeze in a way that is not good for skating (ie rough ice because it snows right after freezing). This year it just got cold and dry. I decided to check it out.

I was amazed at how good the ice was. It was certainly bumpier than indoor ice and it had a few skate grabbing cracks, but it was very skatable. I was able to do my fancy turns and even some of my simple jumps. A big plus was that the ice was all mine!

In the picture below you can see that someone shoveled off the ice in some patches. I'm not sure who it was, but I thank them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home