2.04.2007

Snowboarding

I went snowboarding for the first time this year at Wachusett Mountain. This is crazy late for my first snowboarding outing. Normally I head out in November or December, but this year it was too warm then. Finally in January it cooled down, but we still didn't get any snow. This past week we got our first real snow (a whopping 2 inches). So pretty much all the now is man made which isn't as nice as real snow, but it's decent.

I decided to head out to the mountain on Sunday because I thought the Super Bowl would help keep the people away from snowboarding/skiing. I was wrong. The mountain was packed with people. Having to wait in a line to get on the chair lift was kind of a bummer, but I still had fun. It was good to get out.

I still remember the first few times I went snowboarding about eight years ago. I just kept falling throughout the day and by the end I was so incredibly tired. The day after those first few outings was incredibly painful. My muscles were so sore I could hardly move. Despite all that I remember learning to snowboard as a fond memory. Sometimes I wish I could tire myself out like I did back then, but once you've learned how to snowboard it's impossible to get that tired while boarding.

Now that I have a taste of it, I want more. I plan on asking around work to see if I can find some folks to go snowboarding for a weekend up in Vermont where the bigger mountains are.

Peace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home