3.17.2007

You Should Donate Blood Today!

Even with the big snow I mentioned in my previous post I still made it to the Worcester blood center by 9:00 am. I talked to a worker who has been working for the Red Cross for the past 15 years and said that they only canceled one blood drive in the past 15 years. Sometimes they are holding a drive at a school that closes and they move locations, but they almost never cancel a drive.

Because of this snowstorm and Saint Pat's Day, they just don't have enough blood. I was told that my blood would be in someone by tomorrow night. It would be used by tonight, but they need to do some quick tests on it first.

Save a life and sign up on the Red Cross web site today! Or even better just go and donate. They accept walk-ins.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home