8.02.2007

Team Change at Work

For the past year and a half I've been on the Applications Research Group (aka the ARG) at ATI/AMD. I did a lot of little projects while on this team, but the big project I worked on was an OpenGL ES 2.0 emulator. This emulator helps mobile phone developers start writing games before next generation phone hardware is back. It was a sweet gig, but I did come to miss my old driver work on the OpenGL driver. So I requested a transfer to the OpenGL ES driver team and yesterday I made the move. I'm rip roaringly excited about this new job. I get to do all the low level programming I miss, plus the manager has told me I get to keep doing publications and talks which is something I enjoyed from the ARG. It's the best of both worlds. Plus it looks like this new job will involve more travel, and I do like to travel. It's pretty much my ideal job at AMD. Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home