10.13.2007

Give Blood

I heard on NPR yesterday that in New England blood supplies were extremely low. They have just a one day supply when they try and have three days of supply. I guess it was a good thing I had signed up to donate today.

I treat this as my bimonthly checkup. They do things like take my blood pressure and pulse. Everything is always good. They also always test the iron in your blood to make sure that's healthy. Previously they just put a drop of my blood in some chemicals and if it sank it was good. Now they have a new machine that reads iron levels and my was a perfect 14. I think values of 13 to 16 were good for men. I asked for the units on this and they didn't know. It's not the first time I asked a doctor/nurse for the units on something they do everyday and they haven't known the answer. As an engineer I find this amusing.

Now it's your turn. Save a life and sign up on the Red Cross web site today!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home