12.31.2007

Donate Blood

Right after getting back from my holiday in New Zealand and Australia I gave blood. The blood supply is always very low around the New Year so it's a great time to give. They also happen to be giving out ski tickets as gifts which is pretty much the only gift they give me that I really like. Thanks Red Cross!

While giving blood today they were taking volunteers to sign up for a bone marrow donors list. They swabbed the side of my cheek and will register my dna into a database. I guess the odds of my bone marrow being a match for someone outside of my family is about 1 in 20,000 so it's unlikely that they'll ever need me, but if they do it would be pretty special.

Now it's your turn. If you live in America sign up on the Red Cross web site today! If you live elsewhere google for your local blood donation center.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home