2.29.2008

Googles Street View

Google maps added a feature called "Street View" awhile ago, but it only had coverage in to a few big cities. Street View is a feature where they drive a van with a bunch of cameras on it up and down the streets to record what the streets look like when you're driving on them. It can be useful to see to figure out what a new place looks like before you drive there.

I just noticed today that Street View was added for the area I live. It's oddly entertaining to play around with this feature. I don't know why just verifying these streets I use every day look the same on these maps as they do in real life is fun. Here is a link to street view near my home. You can use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the camera up and down the street and to turn around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home