12.10.2008

Car Mishap

Last night I was driving home and the person in front of me stopped suddenly. Then almost in slow motion I could see that the person behind me wasn't stopping quickly enough so I edged up close to the stopped car in front of me and pressed the brake hard. The person behind me almost stopped. We pulled onto the side and there were just a few scuffs on my car's bumper and a little gouge in the plastic from her license plate. I got her phone number so I could call her if I found any unseen damage, but I didn't. I'm so thankful that it turned out ok. Getting cars fixed is such a hassle. Makes me thankful that I have a 98 Civic so that I don't need to worry about a little scuffed paint on the bumper.

About 5 years ago I had the exact same thing happen to me. I was thankful then that I had an old mini-van from my college days. My worst accident ever was when some lady hit my car in a parking lot and I wasn't even in it. Thankfully she left a note because that was expensive to fix. All in all I've been pretty lucky with car accidents. Hopefully this post doesn't jinx me :)

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Tyra Shortino said...

Do try to take extra precaution next time, especially when driving at night. Keeping a safe distance between your car and the one in front of you is a good practice. Stay safe!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home