Here is a nice finished picture of the hardwood I put in the downstairs area. I really like how it turned out. It was more work than I thought it would be, but definitely worth it.
In other news I've been working on a photography gadget project in my spare time. I will publish full details on it later on my Hobby Robotics site
, but since it's been taking so much of my time lately I thought I'd at mention that I haven't been sitting at home watching TV or anything. The plan is that I will make the project fully open to the public (just like all my past projects). A secondary goal will be trying to sell it to a small manufacturer that I know. I'm not sure I'll be able to sell it, but I'm pretty sure it will gain attention online since it's a pretty new concept for photography tools. I might end up going the route I've gone with my electric spinning wheel where I build it and sell it directly
. The electric spinning wheels I make work this way because I set the price high enough that I don't need to make very many and it doesn't take up too much of my time (sold two in two months). I'm a little worried this project might sell more than I'd be willing to make. I like designing not manufacturing. Emily was out of town this weekend so I pretty much spent a marathon session working on this project (around 30 hours). My goal was to finish the circuit board design and I did! I sent the board design to be made which will take about 4 weeks (perfect since I'm spending the next few weeks in England and then the Midwest). I just hope it works when it comes back. Even if the board works perfectly I still many-many hours of work left to write the software.